Purpose of the role
The primary focus of this role will be to demonstrate commitment to, embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are: Working Better Together, Showing You Care, Making the Complex Simple, Trusting Each Other to Deliver, and Finding Your Courage.
As Dr Foster continues on its rebranding journey with new product launches and market re-education, the business’ marketing output is being significantly ramped up.
The Senior Marketing Officer will directly support the Marketing Director with planning and execution of the marketing strategy. S/he will take ownership of key Dr Foster projects, as well as providing general oversight support of the day-to-day operations of the marketing function.
S/he will be expected to be familiar with Dr Foster products and services and translate them into high value and high impact campaigns. They will be adept project managers too, ensuring the projects are executed successfully within time and budget.
They will also use their digital marketing skills to scale up digital activities year on year, in line with the business’ key targets and objectives.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Management of marketing projects as set by overall marketing strategy
- Contributing to the annual sales and marketing plan
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Develop engaging online content including clickbait, forums, videos, graphics, and blogs; monitor and analyse content success
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimise marketing activity
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Use Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and other relevant sites
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
- BS degree in marketing or a related field
- Previous working experience in marketing, with proven digital knowledge
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- MS degree in marketing or a related field
- A current and valid Driver’s licence is required.
- Sufficient personal mobility/flexibility to ensure time is spent as needed anywhere in the UK or abroad, whether with customers, sales teams or management colleagues.
All staff must be aware of and comply with the requirements of the information security, assurance and governance policies, procedures and standards.