Purpose of the role
The primary focus of this role will be to demonstrate commitment to, embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are: Working Better Together, Showing You Care, Making the Complex Simple, Trusting Each Other to Deliver, and Finding Your Courage.
Dr Foster is looking for an experienced Marketing Officer to support the Marketing Manager in developing and implementing our marketing and brand strategy. The ideal candidate should be a confident self-starter who is able to take on projects and run with them autonomously. They will be responsible for both internal and external communications with a focus on social media, events management and the publication of publicity and marketing materials.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Preparing, planning and project managing the publication of publicity materials and appropriate channels including eg digital media, events etc to maximise brand promotion.
• Creating marketing campaigns and working with the company’s external PR agency to see them executed.
• Planning, developing and delivering campaigns as agreed within timescales and budget.
• Supporting ownership of and content creation for digital communications, including the corporate website, customer portal and social media channels.
• Creating and developing new, innovative ways to communicate the company message to our existing customers.
• Contributing to the annual sales and marketing plan.
• Planning and project managing marketing events and evaluating their success.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of all marketing activity.
• Developing and implementing our internal marketing programme including gathering input and feedback from internal stakeholders to inform this work.
• Supporting the marketing manager in day-to-day marketing activities.
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
• Previous experience in a similar marketing role.
• Excellent skills in digital media, particularly social media and the latest best practice.
• Demonstrable experience in events management.
• Strong and confident communicator.
• Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Strong project management skills and experience.
• An excellent all-rounder in all areas of marketing.
• Ability to juggle competing priorities and manage time and resources.
• A qualification in marketing although not essential.
• Experience in the healthcare or technology sector.
• Skills in creative design packages such as Adobe Creative suite.
• Sufficient personal mobility/flexibility to ensure time is spent as needed anywhere in the UK or abroad, whether with customers, sales teams or management colleagues.
Date posted: 19 May 2020